Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Upper Peninsula of Michigan

How has it been y'all? January, I mean. At the beginning of 2013 my family and I went skiing in Michigan (had the best time:) and traveled through the Upper Peninsula on our way back.

These are some views of Lake Superior!

I think the snow gave these photos an interesting aspect in contrast to the palm trees and sand you would expect on a beach:)


This one, the composition was almost accidental but I really like how it turned out:P
I had to tilt it a little more in post-production so the shore lined up with the skyline better.

OK that's all for this quick post, guys! Expect more, SOON!

(Seriously, I promise:)
Keep those cameras flashing!
Eli

8 comments:

Nxtstep101 said...

Very Nice! I really like the contrast's of all of them. :-D

Montanagirl said...

Beautiful photos! It looks really cold there.

Unknown said...

Woa! The water is so blue! Deep blue and consistent.
The composition of the fourth is really good; my favorite.
I like how the last one turned out too, it makes you look twice! =D

~Jenny

Gilina said...

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog!! :)
I've never seen Lake Superior, and let me just say, it is gorgeous! I love the snow along the shore. :)

Lydia said...

Ooh! I like the second picture particularly.

Layla said...

Great pics. We awarded you.
bye.
P.S. Remember when I,layla said I wanted a nikon d5100. I got it!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hello Eli thanks for your visit. I had never heard of the UP until I was in Michigan at Macinac Island.(Hope that is how to spell it) I loved it up there. Your shots are so good. I like the last one. Seems to make the water move. Blessings
QMM