Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Upper Peninsula of Michigan

How has it been y'all? January, I mean. At the beginning of 2013 my family and I went skiing in Michigan (had the best time:) and traveled through the Upper Peninsula on our way back.

These are some views of Lake Superior!

I think the snow gave these photos an interesting aspect in contrast to the palm trees and sand you would expect on a beach:)


This one, the composition was almost accidental but I really like how it turned out:P
I had to tilt it a little more in post-production so the shore lined up with the skyline better.

OK that's all for this quick post, guys! Expect more, SOON!

(Seriously, I promise:)
Keep those cameras flashing!
Eli

8 comments:

Michael OKeefe said...

Very Nice! I really like the contrast's of all of them. :-D

Montanagirl said...

Beautiful photos! It looks really cold there.

Leaf Dance Photography said...

Woa! The water is so blue! Deep blue and consistent.
The composition of the fourth is really good; my favorite.
I like how the last one turned out too, it makes you look twice! =D

~Jenny

Gilina said...

beautiful!

Erin said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog!! :)
I've never seen Lake Superior, and let me just say, it is gorgeous! I love the snow along the shore. :)

Lydia said...

Ooh! I like the second picture particularly.

The kids said...

Great pics. We awarded you.
bye.
P.S. Remember when I,layla said I wanted a nikon d5100. I got it!!!!!!

Peggy Jones said...

Hello Eli thanks for your visit. I had never heard of the UP until I was in Michigan at Macinac Island.(Hope that is how to spell it) I loved it up there. Your shots are so good. I like the last one. Seems to make the water move. Blessings
QMM