Monday, July 30, 2012

Around My World

I was out picking raspberries and saw a couple dragonflies zooming around the leaves. I ran back inside to get my camera, hoping there would be one left to shoot. This one was just sitting on a leaf, I snapped about six pictures and this was the best one.
Dragonfly in the Raspberries!
 It's pretty hard to see exactly what to focus on, so I need more practice with macro:)
Poison Berries! Don't Eat!
While I was outside on this beautiful day, I looked
around for other shots. I'm not sure what this
plant/tree/bush thing is, but the berries (not edible)
were really pretty!

More Poison Berries!!
Bee on a Thistle Flower
Experimenting with macro in my big backyard! Top and bottom pics \/  /\

Linking to Friday Shootouts Blog!

Thistle, Bee, and the Sky
/\ The coolest things happen by accident sometimes! This bee flew by the thorn flowers just as I pressed the shutter! :D
Rusty Water Wheel
This picture was taken a few days before the others, at a friend's house on North Battle Lake. It is the wheel of the dock, they have to pull the dock up out of the water each winter so the ice doesn't damage it. Just thought it was pretty neat:)




Corn (not my own) and a Blue Sky (my Father's:)
The corn here in Minnesota is tasseling and is very beautiful! The golden corn and the bright blue sky before sunset was a wonderful contrast! Had to on the car bumper to get the depth better:)

That's all Flashed for now!
Eli




18 comments:

Nxtstep101 said...

I love the picture of the dragonfly and the picture of the corn was amazing :D

Victor Aranda said...

Me gustan las fotografías de tu blog
Saludos

Unknown said...

un regard interessant.

Jorge.

Elisabeth OKeefe said...

Merci beaucoup!
Eli

Elisabeth OKeefe said...

!Gracias! Muy mucho

Humberto Dib said...

Great blog, Eli, loved it.
I'll follow you.
Cheers from Argentina.
HD

Julie G. said...

Stunning nature photographs, Eli! Beautiful color and detail. Viewing these lovely photographs certainly brightened my day. A joy to visit your wonderful blog!

Hornbill said...

Love these photos !

What camera and lens do you use ?

My photo-blog is

hornbill-hornbill.blogspot.com

Elisabeth OKeefe said...

Thanks! My camera is the Nikon D5100 and the lens is a standard 18-55mm kit.:)

victoria eugenia canela said...

Preciosas fotografías.
Muchos saludos.

Jama said...

Lovely shot!

Unknown said...

The dragonfly is a classic.
QMM

Bagman and Butler said...

Yes, the dragonfly is great but for shallow depth of field, my favorite is the bee on the flower with beautiful out-of-focus colors behind it.

GingerV said...

I love the 4th photo, enjoyed them all. and some of my best photos are lucky shots - the best are the surprises.
have a great weekend.

Suburban Girl said...

Love your dragonfly.

Elisabeth OKeefe said...

Thank you everyone! I'm glad you enjoyed my photos!
Eli

Cheryl said...

Lovely shots. For shallow depth of field, the bee works delightful. I'm a sucker for dragonflies and really love the wide open field of corn with that magnificent sky.

Pauline said...

Love the bee shot. He arrived just in time to be in focus - fantastic!